Join the European Fertility Society – the first fertility patient care organization for professionals in Europe
The main aim of the European Fertility Society is to promote interest in, and understanding of, fertility patient care.
EFS collaborates globally and advocates for universal improvements in patient care as well as for equal access to professional assisted human reproduction services. We provide patient care guidance and recommendations that are to enhance patients’ comfort and experience during their fertility journey. Our Society cooperates with, among others, IVF clinics, patient organizations and human reproduction societies to improve quality of fertility patient care. Our activities include online education and support, professional accreditation and certification, as well as developing and maintaining data registries.
We welcome members from all over the world and of various disciplines. Feel free to join our Society!
Benefits of joining the EFS
EFS membership includes several benefits:
- Opportunity for networking with most esteemed fertility patient care specialists in Europe
- Free of charge participation in IVF Awards organized by the Society (for clinics only)
- Possibility to educate patients on fertility topics via MyIVFAnswers communication platform (for clinics only)
- Discounts on events, conferences, trainings organized by the Society and its certification program (coming soon)
EFS membership is open to both IVF clinics and individual professionals who are involved in the patient care practice and science within human fertility, reproductive medicine and biology. The latter refers to patient care, communication, coaching and training.
Membership – for IVF clinics
Refers to IVF clinics that operate as a licensed healthcare provider in their respective country, providing reproductive care services according to national law. The Membership additionally includes:
- Conducting live, online events for patients for free via EFS’s website: www.myIVFanswers.com
- Free access to IVF AWARD competition organized by EFS
- Discounts for trainings and courses organized by EFS
Annual fee is EUR 3.000.
Membership – for individuals
It refers to individuals who are involved in patient care practice and science within human fertility, reproductive medicine and biology. It might include coordinators, nurses, midwifes, psychologists, coaches, counsellors, academic workers and scientists, healthcare professionals (e.g. acupuncturists, ultra-sonographers, phlebotomists, dietitians), healthcare administration (e.g. sales, marketing, communication staff and management members), paramedical, lawyers, students and other individuals in various areas of patient care.
Annual fee is EUR 100.
Terms and Conditions
IVF Clinic may apply to become an IVF clinic member of the European Fertility Society if it fulfills the
- It is operating as a licensed healthcare provider in its respective country providing reproductive care services according
to national law.
- It is working to improve the quality of its reproductive care and non-clinical services through a continuous quality
improvement program within its quality management system.
- It has an “Patient Care Department” or similar unit managing patients at the different phases of the process:
pre-treatment, during treatment and post-treatment follow-up.
- It has been managing patients for at least two years. New organizations that are part of a group need to provide
evidence about the respective experience in the group (> three years) and in the new organization (> one year).
- IVF clinic members pay an annual membership fee based on a current rates.